David H. Durgee wrote, On 24/10/2014 22:07:
Since earlier this week the Pepco Energy Use & Bill Data page no longer works with SeaMonkey. This page is accessed via a link from the Pepco Welcome to my Account page via a link:

https://webapps2.pepco.com/dashboard/pepco/Energy.aspx

Clicking on this link from SeaMonkey yields the following after a delay:

Your session has been terminated for one of the following reasons:

There was no browser activity for an extended period of time and you were automatically logged off to protect the confidentiality of your account information.
    Your web browser is blocking cookies.
    There was a problem with the requested web page.

If your browser is set to block cookies, you will need to change your privacy settings to allow 3rd party cookies. Otherwise, you will only need to log in again to continue using this web site.

Safari Users:

Some of the features of this page require a third party cookie and an adjustment to your default browser settings for an optimized experience. You can access these features by:

Continuing to browse this site using other navigation elements of this page, with the default "Only from sites you navigate to" Safari browser setting selected. Some functionality may be limited.
         or
Temporarily changing your cookie settings to "Always allow" when browsing this site, using the Security panel from the Preferences section of Safari’s menu .

This will allow you to access the features of this page, including information about changes in your bill, how your home uses energy, how your home compares to other homes, and bill/usage comparisons.

For more information, please see Apple’s documentation on managing cookies or view our third party’s privacy policy.

Click Here to Return to the Log In page.

This page worked with SeaMonkey in the past and still works in FireFox. I can only assume that they have changed their browser sniffing code in some nasty fashion. Anyone here who is also a Pepco customer who is better than I am at figuring out what the problem is? I would like to be able to tell them what needs fixing, as the contact links goto customer support and they would need to relay this to their web support people.

Dave
I clicked on your link, with my SM, who brings me to the page:
https://webapps2.pepco.com/login/pepco/

So all is OK