Daniel wrote:
On 28/10/14 00:33, cmcadams wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 10/27/2014 08:53 AM, cmcadams wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 10/27/2014 01:30 AM, cmcadams wrote:
This might have already been addressed when I wasn't looking, but
I'm now seeing
for myself that SM 2.30 refuses to display images in the only
newsgroup I subscribe
to that uses them. The placeholder shows forever.

Some improvements in 2.30, but I'm starting to think 2.26.1...

User string:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
SeaMonkey/2.30

Which newsgroup might that be?

cnews.corel.com

Sorry, but my usenet server doesn't carry that newsgroup.

I would ask what Usenet host you were using, but don't plan to add
another to my
application just to test.

My answer was imprecise, sorry.

cnews.corel.com is the server, corel.PaintShopPro_Photography is the
newsgroup I view most often.

I've added that group to my UseNet server. There are only 32 messages showing,
but
several of the threads start like Re: Memorial monument - B&W -
IMG_8703_B&W.jpg, and
the Re: at the start indicates to me that I'm not looking at the original post,
the
post that may have had the picture included.

Looking at just a few of the posts, I don't see any pictures on the actual
group, but
I do see links to "Day 4 - Margaretsville to Digby" link...
http://ghealy.smugmug.com/Galleries/Photography/Places/Vacations/Nova-Scotia-2010/Day-4Margaretsville-Digby/

HTH

Yes to all of the above. When a message contains a photo (and no way to know before double-clicking) you see the name of the file on the demarcation line at the bottom followed by the graphic placeholder. Which, in the case of 2.30, never goes away.