Béèm wrote:
mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Béèm wrote:
Daniel wrote:
On 28/10/14 09:00, Béèm wrote:
I wanted to add newsgroups from the already defined mozilla server.
As I saw the path was wrong I wanted to browse to the correct
directory.

Beem, which path was wrong?? What file are you looking for/at??

In my version of puppy linux, the path goes via root and a hidden
directory .mozilla. The file open dialogue didn't see this hidden
dialogue, so I was unable to go the the news directory in the mozilla
profile.

Why is this so and how can I correct the open file dialogue to see
also
hidden directories?

The path was /mnt/sda3/root/.mozilla/........ and had to be
/mnt/home/root/.mozilla/.....
When pushing browse in the file open dialogue I got all the files in
/mnt/home/root except the hidden files, so those with a dot in front.

So the question remains, why is this so? A bug?
But I found I could go in about:config and edit the path manually.
Not a solution for beginners or non-technical users.

On Windows those buttons open the operating system's file browser (i.e.
Explorer), so whether or not hidden files are seen depends on Explorer's
settings. Not sure if there's a similar arrangement on Linux.

Since you know the name of the hidden directory, it may be possible to
navigate to it by typing it's path in the filename field. i.e. enter
/mnt/home/root/.mozilla/ as the filename and press enter (or click open
or whatever the equivalent is), and it might then show the content of
that directory. Again, just a guess based on the Windows version.

Mark.

The file browser in this linux permits to hide or display hidden files.
The file browser is ROX.
I wasn't able to click on the field of the file name in the file open
window to change it.
I'll make another test and put the file browser in the mode to display
hidden files/directories to see if in SeaMonkey there is a change and
report back.
Normally for other linux applications, I don't have to do that. The
hidden files/directories are displayed in the file open dialogue window.
OK. Opened the file browser and put it in the mode to see the hidden files.
This time I could browse in the file open dialogue taking into account the hidden directories/files.

Good tip to look at the file browser.

So some linux applications apparently put the open file dialogue in the display hidden files/directories mode independent of the file browser mode for it and some, like SeaMonkey don't.

Good to know.

Thanks and regards.