Ed Mullen wrote:

Judy Dolby McBean wrote on 11/24/2014 4:05 AM:
SM 2.30 is non-stop trouble!  Profile manager not working.....freezes, 1
inbox crashed, I choose profile to go somewhere and get another.  I
can't depend on it.

I want to go back to previous version, How can I stop it from
automatically updating back to 2.30?

JD

Edit - Preferences - Advanced - Software Installation ... Set it as you
like it, probably unchecking Automatically check for updates.  However,
keep checking here to see when a new version is available.  Updates
usually contain security fixes that you really do want.

"Automatically check..." doesn't install anything; at most it will nag her to upgrade.

The pref she wants is "Automatically download and install the update," in the same dialog. She can turn off the nag, too, if she likes, but this one's the key to preventing the upgrade.

Paul B. Gallagher