Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
It seems more likely to me that at some time earlier in the life of the OP's
profile, he had an Adobe program installed, and that SeaMonkey (or perhaps
Mozilla or even Netscape) learned about the file type at that time. Even after
the Adobe program was uninstalled (or after the profile was transferred to a
computer that lacked one), SeaMonkey would still know what it knew about the
file type (surely Adobe's uninstaller would leave SeaMonkey's files untouched).
Of course, once the computer no longer had an Adobe program, opening such a file
from SM would force the program to request guidance, as it did.

Paul, I think you are correct. I have been using this profile for A Very Long Time, probably originally on a computer that did have Adobe Reader installed.

But I have used Foxit Reader for many years now (and so this SeaMonkey problem has been bugging me for years also...). I am so glad to have gotten it fixed with the help of this group, and you especially. Thank you!

--
David Wilkinson