On 12/14/2014 12:59 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 12/14/2014 09:51 AM, NoOp wrote:
On 12/14/2014 12:28 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
(I don't understand what clearing history has to do with cookies, but be
that as it may...)

I do get precisely one Google cookie by visiting nhl.com, and since
Google isn't the originating site, that makes them third-party cookies,
which SeaMonkey claims it's blocking.

How can Google set a third-party cookie from nhl.com when my setting
says to reject third-party cookies? I must conclude that SM's
cookie-handling routine is not working correctly.

It must be from something other than just viewing the main page. If I
allow cookies and visit nhl.com, I get cookies from:

207.net
doubleclick.net
imrworldwide.com
nhl.com

No Google cookie.

Ah, forgot that I had adblock-plus turned on, went back and turned off
adblock-plus & reloaded the page - now I get the google NID cookie (and
a billion others).

Clear cookies, cache et al - set cookies to not accept cookes from 3rd
party sites, reload nhl.com & only see cookies from hnl.com.

Using my production profile for SeaMonkey.

I just set my *Cookie Acceptance Policy* to "Allow cookies for the original website (no third-party cookies)". Left the *Cookie Retention Policy* set to "Accept Cookies Normally".

Removed all nhl.com and google.com cookies and cleared Private Data.

Restarted SeaMonkey, went to nhl.com, did not see the google.com NID cookie. Retested several times without restarting SeaMonkey with the same result. No NID cookie was set.

It appears to me that "Allow cookies for the original website (no third-party cookies)" is working correctly here and with your SeaMonkey.

--
One of the millions of "Firefox makes me happy" users
<https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedback/firefox/>