NoOp wrote on 30/12/2014 02:52:
On 12/28/2014 09:41 PM, HenriK wrote:
Thanks to all who commented.  Unfortunately, I don't think I stated my concerns
very carefully.

My existing SM 2.24 is installed in a different hard drive partition (F) than
the operating system (C).  I seem to remember that picking a new copy of SM will
try to install it only in the C partition.

Is that correct or will pulling a copy of the v.2.30 installation file out of
the SM version list successfully overwrite the files in my v.2.24 existing
installation without raising havoc with the existing profiles, mail location,
etc.

If something goes terribly wrong, where are the instructions these days on
installing SM in a HD partition of a user's choice?

Thanks, in advance, for any and all advice and assistance.

HenriK wrote:
Is there someway to update an existing and older version of SM to a newer
version other than the latest version?

I want to go from v.2.24 to v.2.30 without changing anything else.  The update
screen appears to only allow going to the latest version, v.2.31, something I
don't want to do at this time.

Thanks, in advance, for any and all advice and assistance.
<http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/install-and-uninstall>

Download the zip file, extract to where you want to run it from, extract
it, and double-click seamonkey.exe. It will open up to your existing
profile. If not, then you adjust/move your profile:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_profile_folder>

He can download the exe file without going thru a zip file extraction :-)

The 2.30 version can be found here:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.30