NoOp wrote:
On 12/29/2014 04:02 PM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
NoOp wrote:
If you right click on the icon you can easily switch between any of
those (email, browser, newsgroup et al).

Thanks for that.  I wasn't aware of that.  The icon is still the ugly
grey "question mark" generic icon, but at least now I can easily switch
from one to the other.

You can set the standard icon pretty easily:

Look in your ~/.local/share/applications folder for a seamonkey desktop
file (it might be 'userapp-SeaMonkey' or simply seamonkey.desktop. Open
it in gedit (or your favorite editor and add the icon:

Icon[en_US]=<path-to-your-seamonkey-install>seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/seamonkey.png

Example of one of mine - I have seamonkey installed (extracted to)
/home/user/seamonkey/seamonkey:

[Desktop Entry]
Categories=GTK;Network;
GenericName=Internet Suite
Icon[en_US]=/home/<user/seamonkey/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/seamonkey.png
NoDisplay=false
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Exec=/home/<user>/seamonkey/seamonkey/seamonkey %u
Name[en_US]=Mozilla SeaMonkey
Name=Mozilla SeaMonkey
Comment[en_US]=Mozilla SeaMonkey
Comment=Mozilla SeaMonkey

and on a Unity user desktop I have :

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
NoDisplay=true
Icon=/home/<user>/seamonkey/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/default.png
Exec=/home/<user>/seamonkey/seamonkey/seamonkey %u
Name=SeaMonkey
Comment=Custom definition for SeaMonkey

save & you'll have the SeaMonkey icon.

The icon is there in the launcher and in the dash. What I'm talking about is the RUNNING version of Seamonkey. It used to create a separate icon for every running instance (mail/news, browser, composition, etc). Now I just see the single gray generic icon for the running instance.

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Nassau Wings Motorcycle Club

AMA District 34