Windows 7. SM 2.32 (just updated).  Problem existed before this update.

Sorry, I'm not even sure what to call these "buttons", but here is just one example:
http://weather.gc.ca/satellite/animateweb_e.html?imagetype=satellite&imagename=goes_wcan_1070_m_..................jpg&nbimages=1&clf=1
The buttons under the map have arrows, etc. and allow us to "play" the map, etc. On my SM, I cannot see the arrows and so on, on these buttons! All I see is the buttons with a little square on it and then little letters, i.e.:E0 72, the numbers on each button being different. This is happening on every website I go to, I believe.

When I restart SM in safe mode with my profile, this problem still occurs.
When I restart SM in the default profile instead of my profile, the buttons appear properly.

I really don't want to have to create another new profile, if there's another quicker solution.