David H. Durgee wrote:

I decided to try something, I shut down SeaMonkey and edited the
pluginreg.dat file in the SeaMonkey profile to match the FireFox one
regarding flash.  Now it reports the proper version number, so that
appears to be the source of my problem.  Now the question is why
didn't SeaMonkey get the right version number when it was updated?

In my experience, the Flash updaters often fail to remove previous versions, so SeaMonkey will see two or more and have to choose. I don't know if it chooses well, but when I have a moment and I think of it, I usually go and delete the old files, which seems to do no harm.

On my Win7 system, the path is:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\

And the current files are:
NPSWF32_16_0_0_296.dll
FlashUtil32_16_0_0_296_Plugin.exe
FlashPlayerPlugin_16_0_0_296.exe

If you've also installed it for IE, you'll see the following as well:
FlashUtil32_16_0_0_296_ActiveX.exe
FlashUtil32_16_0_0_296_ActiveX.dll
Flash32_16_0_0_296.ocx

Of course, the version numbers will differ; that's how you can tell them apart.

Paul B. Gallagher