David E. Ross wrote:
On 2/12/2015 8:06 AM, William wrote:
I am having a problem with the display of messages from two servers: one
is this, and the other is giganews.  The problem is that the messages
are displayed, but with very poor quality, similar to what my printer
gives me when it is running out of toner.  The problem shows even in old
messages, that had good quality when I originally received them.  The
problem is not present in my email accounts.

I've been looking at the preferences, but nothing stands out as being
the source of the problem, but I'm not technologically adroit, so I
might not know what is wrong, even if I saw it.

My SeaMonkey is pretty much the plain version that comes out of the box.
   I almost never change anything in preferences.

So where should I look to find a cure?

Is your problem actually about printing, or is it about the display?
Those are two quite different capabilities.

The problem is the screen display.