Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

Philip Chee wrote:

I find this rather improbable since SeaMonkey builds off the same
Gecko/Toolkit code as Firefox and at the most I would expect a
difference or +/- 1

Hence I would treat the other claims in that report with a bucket of
sodium chloride.

Could be true depending on the versions tested, which isn't clear from
the table. If they tested a year-old version of FF vs. a current version
of SM, there would be a large discrepancy. Unfortunately, the article
doesn't link to the original study.

The original article - see link below - appears to be written by an
anonymous writer for "Microsoft Subnet, An independent Microsoft
community" so naturally Windows is going to fare better. I think it is a
sham, at least the operating system portion of the article.

<http://www.networkworld.com/article/2887240/microsoft-subnet/apple-linux-not-windows-most-vulnerable-operating-systems-in-2014-ie-wins-worst-app.html>

No, that's just another news article reporting on the original. But at least this one does link to the original. Here's the original, which is no more helpful:
<http://www.gfi.com/blog/most-vulnerable-operating-systems-and-applications-in-2014/>

One of the commenters makes a similar complaint about operating systems -- "which Linux?" he asks.

Paul B. Gallagher