Daniel wrote:
On 14/03/15 00:55, Gordon Weast wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Geoff Welsh wrote on 3/12/2015 11:10 PM:
WaltS48 wrote:
Evan Davidson wrote:
In the mailnews display of threaded messages, there were vertical
line
connections showing the relationship (and amount of indenting)
between
message comments. In 2.33, I no longer see them. (The amount of
indenting is OK.) Is this a bug?

Most likely. I don't see them either.

I wonder, that might be related to the Folder Tree lines being
messed-up
or missing (in the Folder Pane) and there IS a bug on that but
IDR/IDK the #

GW

Not seeing the problem on 2.33.

However, I have this in my userContent.css file since ancient days:

/* set message window quote style */
blockquote[type=cite] {
color: navy !important;
border-color: black !important;
}

blockquote[type=cite] blockquote {
color: maroon !important;
border-color: navy !important;
}

blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote {
color: green ! important;
border-color: maroon !important;
}

blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote blockquote {
color: purple !important;
border-color: green !important;
}

blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote blockquote blockquote {
color: teal !important;
border-color: purple !important;
}

blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote blockquote blockquote
blockquote {
color: gray !important;
border-color: teal !important;
}

blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote blockquote blockquote
blockquote blockquote {
color: navy !important;
border-color: black !important;
}

blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote blockquote blockquote
blockquote blockquote blockquote {
color: maroon !important;
border-color: navy !important;
}

and I do have the vertical colored bars on threads.

Ed,

This all looks like it refers to the quote bars running down the left
margin when you're looking at a single message.

We aren't seeing the threading connections when looking at the message
title listing in the upper pane.  That's missing now in 2.33.  It makes
figuring out which message is a precursor to a given message harder to
figure out.

Gordon Weast

Gordon, what are your settings under View->Sort By?? I have mine set to
Order Received, Threaded and Ascending and have little problem in
working out which message is the precursor to the current message.

In addition, in the Headers section of an e-mail/News post, do you see
the References: line?? Clicking there should take you back to the

Daniel,

Losing the lines is an annoyance, not a fatal error. Yes, it is possible to get the same information, just not in the simple manner that the lines gave us.

I think we're just reacting to any accumulation of annoyances.

Gordon