Robert Gault wrote:
Not sure if this is 2.33 related or has been present with earlier versions.
I've been trying to use https://support.avast.com , things like the
login or register, and nothing happens.

When I click "login", the content area of the page (where it initially says "Avast Customer & Technical Support is a web-based Portal...") shows a login form. When I click "register", the whole lower part of the page (including the left-hand menu) is replaced with a registration form.

SeaMonkey 2.33 on Windows Vista.

My system is a WinXP SP3 and I've tried both Java 7.75 and 8.40.

Despite similar names, JavaScript has little to do with Java apart from having similar keywords and syntax in the language. It certainly has nothing to do with whatever JRE or Java plug-in you might have installed.

I have
scripts turn on in the Seamonkey Preferences.

Do you have any add-ons like NoScript, Adblock Plus, Flashblock, Bluehell Firewall, or similar? If so, try disabling them and see if the Avast forum works then.

The Avast site shows many errors and warning via the error console which
may or may not be the problem.

Maybe, maybe not. It's not unusual for pages which work in practice to have a lot of errors. I get about 150-200 errors logged on loading that page (haven't bothered counting them exactly!) but it works for me.

The site does work on my library's Win7
system for what that is worth.

Probably an extension or something in your profile.

Mark.