Philip Chee wrote on 21/03/15 15:47:
On 21/03/2015 01:06, Ant wrote:
On 3/20/2015 2:03 AM, Barry Edwin Gilmour wrote:
stan wrote on 20/03/15 15:21:
Does SM 2.33  support dual core architecture on Windows7 32 bit?
I mean does it take advantage of the dual core by increasing a speed.

Yep! Compared to single-cores and hard-drives, SM utilises
multiprocessors and SSDs.

Hmm, when SM hogs CPU, I only see a single core used? Maybe it is my
very old, updated Windows XP Pro SP3?

Historically SeaMonkey is a single process multithreaded application.
With current versions the plugin container runs in a second process. The
(in progress) Firefox Electrolysis (e10s) project moves Firefox to a
multiprocess architecture. E10s is still a work in progress but if you
turn it on, the contents of all the tabs run in a single separate
process. Eventually each tab content may be a separate process.

Each process runs on a single core. I don't know if Gecko implements
it's own thread manager or uses OS threads. The OS may or may not run
separate threads on separate execution units. The CPU may or may not be
multithreaded. Intel high end CPUs are hyperthreaded. AMD Bulldozer
modules are clustered multithreading.

Phil

Much appreciated Phil.