On 03/20/2015 09:51 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
EE wrote on 3/20/2015 12:58 PM:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 03/19/2015 08:09 PM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
Just noticed that the PDF.js extension no longer works, and there
doesn't seem to be any newer version since it was rolled into
Firefox. I
tried disabling it, but instead of displaying the PDF in the
browser, it
offered to download it instead... :(

Switch to Firefox. :)

Use a helper application.  I do that quite happily.  It works.

I don't understand why anyone would want a browser to render a .pdf
file.  Or a Word file.  Or Excel file.  I have native applications to
handle all files.  A browser is for rendering HTML files.  I think it
was a horrible idea to enable Firefox/SeaMonkey to render .pdf files.
All it did was ask for trouble and apparently succesfully given all the
issues with it.

When I click a link to a .pdf in SeaMonkey or Firefox the file opens in
my .pdf reader software.

Why do millions of browser users use the Adobe Reader plugin to view PDFs in the browser?

Do you do the same with Flash videos?

So you would rather have users depend on security vulnerable plugins that users have to update too frequently, rather than built-in replacements that get updated regularly with improvements and security, and the user doesn't have to be bothered. Okay.

--
Kubuntu 14.10 | KDE 4.14.1 | Thunderbird 38.0a2(Earlybird)
[Coexist - Understanding Across Divides](https://www.coexist.org/)