On 03/21/2015 09:09 AM, mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
NoOp wrote:
Why is it that SeaMonkey and Firefox do not display this webpage
properly?

http://www.taintedwine.com/test-results

Screenshots:

SeaMonkey 2.33:
http://postimg.org/image/5h0nnnse3/
Firefox 36.0.3
http://postimg.org/image/5fqpu8qkb/

Same link with:
Ephiphany Browser:
http://postimg.org/image/uvz6kf6gr/
Opera Browser:
http://postimg.org/image/ht3k15g8r/
and of course Chrome & Chromium as the same.

There are 12 errors in the HTML, at least one of which involves a
stylesheet so it's possible that some browsers don't read that
stylesheet at all, and 128 errors in the CSS itself. For those
interested, these can be checked at http://validator.w3.org/ and
https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

While it's not unusual for pages to contain a lot of errors against the
standards and still work in practice on most browsers, it shouldn't be
surprising that they might behave differently in some browsers.

That's not to say handling of erroneous pages couldn't or shouldn't be
improved - just that it's possibly the reason for the difference. From
Barry's responses it looks like the current development version has
improved handling of this case.

Mark.

The background for the Brand appears a bit darker in my Firefox 36.0.1, than my SeaMonkey 2.33 and Chromium 41.0.2272.76. I barely notice a difference putting them side by side.

Is that the complaint?

--
Kubuntu 14.10 | KDE 4.14.1 | Thunderbird 38.0a2(Earlybird)
[Coexist - Understanding Across Divides](https://www.coexist.org/)