On 04/08/2015 06:41 AM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
> Jonathan N Little wrote:
>> Israel wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have been trying to decipher the best way to enable using a protocol
>>> handler for:
>>> apt://
>>> I know I can enable it easily myself (through about:config), but I
>>> would
>>> like it to be enabled for all new users.  Is there a way the person in
>>> charge of packaging can make this change in the default seamonkey
>>> packaging?
>>>
>>> This is the one hurdle I face, as I will not be able to hand configure
>>> each user's computer and account.
>>>

>> Referencing
>> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Register_protocol#Firefox_3.5_and_above>
>>
>> It like like you can do it at the system level by passing configuring in
>> SeaMonkey:
>>
>>       In a terminal, type:
>>
>> gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/foo/command '/path/to/app %s'
>> --type String
>> gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/foo/enabled --type Boolean
>> true
>>
>> Replace foo on both lines with the protocol you want to register and
>> /path/to/app with the path to the application you want to run.
>>
>> So if you have gdebi installed:
>>
>> sudo gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/apt/command
>> '//usr/bin/gdebi %s' --type String
>>
>> sudo gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/apt/enabled --type
>> Boolean true
>>

> Thanks for asking/answering this. I've filed it for future reference.

Hi,
I know of this.  And I use this in a script.  The main problem is the
protocol in seamonkey.
I would still have to edit seamonkey's about:config correct?
As a side note, I do not think gdebi works for this does it?  You need
apturl rather.  I actually have a script I run (apturl is over 100Kb,
while my script is much smaller) and have done this successfully.

I am asking if seamonkey's default configuration can include
*network.protocol-handler.expose.apt (false)
*This should be the default behaviour in Ubuntu/Debian.
*
*Or, is there a way I can run something from a terminal?  Could I run
something like:
*seamonkey* --config network.protocol-handler.expose.apt --type Bool
--value False

It would be a bonus to be able to configure my apt handler script to be
used from the terminal.

Alternatively, what file do I edit in the system config that would allow
me to make all new user's default setting to include the apt protocol.

--
Regards