Ed Mullen wrote:
Eric wrote on 4/13/2015 7:49 PM:
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP] wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 11:47:00 -0700, stan <edic...@merlin4x.com> wrote:

Ed Mullen wrote:
stan wrote on 4/13/2015 12:55 PM:
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP] wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 09:07:13 -0700, stan <edic...@merlin4x.com>
wrote:

Is it possible to run SM profile from the removable USB drive or
from
other directory?

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/seamonkey_portable

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Thanks! That worked and I have successfully installed SM om my USB
drive.

However, my profiles are still on C: drive.

I have created new profile from E: USB drive and it got stored on C:

So how can I remove SM from C: and run it only from E: USB drive?

Copy the profile to the USB drive.  Open SM and go to Edit - Mail and
Newsgroups Account Settings. In Serve Settings set the local directory
to the appropriate location in the profile's Mail or ImapMail.  If you
have more than one account and can't figure out which sub-folder is
which look in prefs.js.

Thanks!

1) I have created new profile in USB;
2) and deleted everything in it;
3) and copied the old profile from C:

All directory were set a ok.
However, the Data Manager in Tool section can't find the data nor it can
find passwords etc.

Do you know if step 2) above should be performed or I should have
overlay profile from C: instead.

You might have to edit your profile INI file because it is likely
pointing to your C:\ drive instead of the USB drive letter.

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Try using Mozbackup for creating and restoring your profiles if you are
using windows.  I have yet to see a successful move of profiles any
other way.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Eric

Absolutely unnecessary.  Anything MOZBACKUP does can be done manually.

And the INI file does not specify a drive it simply says: Path=Profiles/xxxxxxxx.name

I don't run backups on Micro-soft anymore

--
Gertjan
DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD, UNTIE!