Bill Spikowski wrote on 04/27/2015 8:46 AM:
Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 19:38:21 +1000, Daniel <dan...@albury.net.spam.au>
wrote:

On 26/04/15 10:00, Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 14:24:53 -0700, DoctorBill <ab...@example.com>
wrote:

Most all Username / Password entry boxes only show
the Asterisk (*) when one enters the password.

Is there something in SeaMonkey that one can
toggle so that one sees what one is actually
entering ?

I tuype so poooorly thet I meed tyu sea what I hab
enterd.....

DoktoeVill
This is a bad phishing attempt.

No, Doctor Bill is a long time, very occasional, poster hereabouts, from
I think, regional (i.e. about 60-90 miles from a large City) U.S. of A.
Hmm, be that as it may. Whenever I see these kinds of message , it
always sends up a social engineering attack flag. There's no practical
reason to want to know how to unhide a hidden password field other
than to clear-text pass the password into some hidden service or some
other nefarious purpose. Just my 2 cents.

No practical reason????????

What about seeing what one is typing when entering complex passwords?

Think especially about these situations: a lousy keyboard, like most laptops; working in a dark area; using a touchscreen; people with dyslexia, or poor typing skills; the visually impaired; or those having several hundred passwords for different sites.
Oh, come: how about the wireless kbd that transmits the keycodes?
Is your office a TEMPEST design?