hawker wrote on 04/29/2015 03:20 PM:
On 4/29/2015 1:27 PM, hawker wrote:
On 4/29/2015 7:55 AM, sean wrote:
I have run across a few pages which give some advice for downloading
mail from iCloud? My mother (the 73 yr old again) got her phone wet and
went and traded it for a different phone, an LG from Sprint...

Then she came home and called me bemoaning her now lost e'mail that the
Sprint techs said could not be downloaded by them... (sucks to be a
non-confrontational polite Southern woman at the mercy of phone store
techs)

Anyway, I'm hoping her e'mail hasn't been wiped already, and wondered if
anyone else has successfully downloaded mail from their apple devices to
Seamonkey?

sean

Mail isn't an apple thing.  Apple doesn't have it and neither does
Sprint.  Who is her mail provider? That is where you get it from. The
email address is the clue.

Go look at that providers settings to set up mail. Since it sounds like
she doesn't have another mail back up option I would set it up for IMAP
or Exchange not POP. The provider should have instructions for both.

Given that then it should be possible, but it depends on how she had her
phone set up and that it was not set up to delete mail after downloading.

I may stand corrected.
Apparently there is an iCloud e-mail - it is just MAPI see this article
http://www.androidcentral.com/how-set-your-icloud-email-account-android

I assume the LG is Android but no matter MAPI is MAPI just use whatever
client you want.

yes, Momma had am aco...@icloud.com while she had an iPhone from AT&T... Asking her how she had the account set up is like asking a three year old how to code for linux...

thus fr no success getting Seamonkey to download it... might try this from my android tablet though

thanks...

sean