In <news:roydny41x7usx97inz2dnuu7-eudn...@mozilla.org>,
Daniel <dan...@albury.net.spam.au> wrote:

> On 01/05/15 20:38, Daniel wrote:
> > On 01/05/15 20:20, Daniel wrote:
> >> I'm currently unemployed, so, to get me out and about, I'm looking
> >> to apply for one of the positions here....
> >> http://www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/about-us/careers-with-us/current-vacancies/
> >> however,
> >> in SM 2.33B1, I get told that "This Connection is Untrusted"

> >> If I open that page in FF 24.2.0, no problem, it even works in
> >> Konqueror 4.11.4!
> >>
> >> Just not SM.
> >>
> >> Anybody got any ideas??

> Reading back through the thread, it would seem that I first need to
> know who issued the Cert. Any ideas how I find out what Cert Auth a
> website might use??

In general, you have to find the https URL and paste it into an address
bar.  If that doesn't work, you'd have to move on from browsers to other
tools, which are less easy to use but more flexible.

That page just encloses <https://recruitment.wodonga.vic.gov.au/> in a
frame, which is IMO is a useless, annoying obfuscation.  Open that URL
in one of the browsers that works to see that the issuer is "Go Daddy
Secure Certificate Authority - G2".

Trying to open <https://recruitment.wodonga.vic.gov.au/> in SeaMonkey
may reveal clues about whatever the problem is.

Do you get your SeaMonkey directly from Mozilla or from a repository
specific to your distro?  If it's from a repo, remind me what distro
you use.

I'm starting to suspect that some Debianish devs but not others find
GoDaddy objectionable and disable trusting it.  That's really just
speculation, but it would explain why others can't reproduce your
problem and why only one of your browsers is affected.