On 03/05/15 19:40, Daniel wrote:
On 03/05/15 01:24, »Q« wrote:
In <news:_jydnqmkqnwnmnninz2dnuu7-vodn...@mozilla.org>,
Daniel <dan...@albury.net.spam.au> wrote:

On 02/05/15 02:37, »Q« wrote:

Daniel, Thee Wolf is right that <https://www.youtube.com/html5>
*should* let you select HTML5, as long as you keep cookies from
youtube.com.

Thanks for your responses, Guys!!

re: the youtube HTML5 page linked above, I've been there before and
clicked the button to use HTML5 where ever possible, but that wasn't
working. Is this a setting that might have been re-set when I've
install a new Beta version of SeaMonkey??

What happens if you go there now, click it, and then try to view a
video?

Yonks ago, I selected to use HTML5, yesterday it was set to use the
Default, so I think I re-selected use HTML5 and it says "The HTML5
player is currently used when possible" but when I click to play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU, I'm told I need Adobe Flash
or HTML% support

I'll re-start SM and see what happens!!

Having clicked it some time in the past isn't good enough because
you have ...

user_pref("network.cookie.lifetimePolicy", 2);

Set to 0 in about:config

This one causes cookies to be cleared when you close a session.  Change
it to 0 to let web sites decide how long your cookie should persist.

If you want to leave your cookie settings alone, you might try an
extension that forces HTML5 at YouTube.  I couldn't find one marked
SeaMonkey-compatible but maybe running one through the extension
converter will work.
<https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/youtube-html5-video/> is a
very simple one that seems to fit the bill.  I use
<https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/youtube-all-html5/>, which
has a few more options than just on-or-off.

Now to re-start!!

O.K., I've now reset the four cookies, network.cookie.alwaysAcceptSessionCookies, network.cookie.cookieBehavior, network.cookie.lifetime and network.cookie.lifetimePolicy to their default settings, and will, once again, re-start SM and then see if I can run a HTML5 youtube video.

BBS

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20141218225909
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.33 Build identifier: 20150215202114