Mike C wrote:

Have any of you done this Win 10 reservation?
Do you think it's something we should do (or is it a gimmick)?

<http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade >

From what I understand, you have until July 29 of next year to accept the freebie. So I'm in no hurry -- let others do the beta testing, and make a decision after things have settled down.

I did install the tray icon that enables me to make the reservation, but I haven't made the reservation. I hid the icon, but it periodically reappears and has to be rehidden. If it's annoying enough, I'll uninstall it, but so far it's pretty innocuous.

This is off-topic here, so I expect one of the mods will discourage this thread pretty soon.

Paul B. Gallagher