Daniel wrote:
On 2/07/2015 2:55 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
I am sorry to ask this same old question again, but I can't remember how
to do it - give me a break !

I am running SM 2.12.11 and many sites now won't work.  I get a message
that my Browser is too old to work with their site....damn !

I have the newer version of SM downloaded, but am reluctant to commit to
installing it and maybe regretting doing so.

Can I install the newer version BUT KEEP the older version as a back-up
in case I have some problem(s) with the newer version ?

Once the new version is running w/o problems, I could THEN drop the
older version.

DoctorBill

Doctor Bill, I think you can download a ZIP version of SeaMonkey and
then do a CUSTOM install so that you can locate the new SM somewhere
different to your current version and then you should be able to select
(Tools->Switch Profiles) your current Profile.

If the current Profile does not show up at Tools->Switch Profiles, on
that screen select Manage Profiles, then "Create Profile...", "Next",
then give the Profile a name and, on that same screen, "Choose Folder"
and work your way to your current Profiles location (which you can find
by, in your SM 2.12.1, select Edit->Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings,
select "Server Settings" on your E-mail account and note the "Local
directory" at the bottom of that screen. That should give you a location.

HTH

I think it's best to just have only the newest SM installed.
        v 2.33.1 is working great for me!

If you ever need an older version (which I doubt) you can get it here:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/