Larry wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Larry wrote on 7/12/2015 8:35 PM:
Is there a way to synchronize the most recent 30 days of mail between
the server and 2 or more computers and save messages over 31 days old
locally (keep local copies on each computer) and delete them from the
server?

Assuming you're meaning using SeaMonkey, I'm not sure what your issue is.

Mine is set so that every computer I use has the same IMAP accounts and
all of them show all messages, archives, folders, etc. going back to the
beginning of time.  I would think the only limitation would be your
email provider and their limits on storage.  Mine is Gigabytes so I've
yet to run into an issue.

If you're having trouble please tell us how your IMAP account(s) are
configured.

Yes I am using SeaMonkey.  My email provider limits each account to 2 GB
and one of my accounts is at 1.74GB, lots of PDF's attached to the emails.

I want to preserve the mails and attachments and locally is better for me.

Synchronization is great because the computers I use occasionally (once
a week) match my main computer.  But, I would like to remove older
messages (30 days) from the server without deleting them from all my
computers also.  I have found that deleting from the server deletes from
the local computers also.  I am afraid to change any of my settings
because I do not want to inadvertently delete my older local messages.
Hopefully any changes will not delete any older messages.

My current synchronization settings are:

Keep messages for this account on this computer
Synchronize all messages locally regardless of age
Don't delete any messages
Always keep flagged messages

I move my keepers to archives, but now I don't know if they are still on the server. So you have got me wondering about the usefulness of archives.

--
GW Ross

Don't look at me in that tone of voice!