John Duncan wrote:
rjkrjk wrote:
follow the link to adobe, and d/l current version 1800 209

Paul in Houston, TX wrote on 7/14/2015 12:27 AM:
Paul Bergsagel wrote:
I got the message in SeaMonkey "Shockwave Flash is venerable. Use
with caution" yesterday
and updated to the latest up to date flash plug-in.

Today I get the same warning about flash. I clicked on the add-ons
manager under the Tools
menu and clicked on "Check to see if your plugins are up to date"
which takes me to
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/  only to inform me that
all versions of Adobe's
Flash Player are currently vulnerable.

BTW I am using MacOS X. How safe is it to activate flash when it has
been blocked by
Seamonkey because it is outdated?

Thanks,
Paul.

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsa15-04.html

How safe?  That's relative to YOUR browsing habits and computer
knowledge.
I am not the least bit concerned about my machines.
The small kids next door probably already have their computers infected.

A good point, but still, technically speaking, all versions of flash
(and newer versions of the java plugin) have some nasty new 0-days
because of that stupid italian ``hacking team'' that recently themselves
got hacked. Still, with good browsing habits and a bit of common sense,
most power users should be fine.

In this context, the Italian Hacking Job was a good thing. The Italians were already using the exploit and now everybody is aware of it. I read just now that the count of "flaws in Flash" found so far this month is up to 38. Finally people are thinking of killing the beast.

Was the message really "Shockwave Flash is venerable. Use with caution"?
That would imply it was simply complaining about an older version.