An unexpected source: addons.mozilla.org

I keep a fairly substantial collection of downloaded software that I use for troubleshooting purposes, which allows me to work on a computer almost entirely off-line, when necessary.

I have quite a bit of Mozilla stuff in my collection, including extensions for Firefox, Thunderbird and Seamonkey. My habit is that periodically, I go to addons.mozilla.org, and download copies of extensions for all three. I normally right-click on the offered download, and select "save link target as", as I want XPI files with the full name of the extension and the version. For this, what I'm doing is longer term storage, that I expect to use more than once, rather than just grab something, install it, and discard the download, when the installation is complete.

I use Seamonkey as my normal browser, and I notice that in the Firefox sections of AMO, that the the download button is now being overlaid with a button titled "Only with Firefox! Get Firefox Now!", which resolves to a link to the Firefox downloads page. And this is happening even for extensions that explicitly support Seamonkey.

I can get around the problem easily enough by spoofing Firefox (and I already spoof the platform for downloading extensions that have Mac-specific versions), or going to the equivalent Seamonkey page, for extensions that have Seamonkey support.

But I never would have expected that I would have had to resort to spoofing on pages at mozilla.org.

For people that are making use of the extension converter at http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/, have you had any experience with this one?

Smith