On 9/14/2015 6:23 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 9/14/2015 11:24 AM, mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
>> NoOp wrote:
>>> Can someone please remind me how to return to the nice popup that gives
>>> you the "This connection is untrusted" instead of:
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> www.seamonkey-project.org uses an invalid security certificate.
>>>
>>> The certificate is only valid for the following names:
>> <snip>
>>>
>>> (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)
>>> </quote>
>>>
>>> I think it's in about:config but can't remember which one.
>>
>> Perhaps set browser.xul.error_pages.expert_bad_cert to false. Not sure
>> if it's exactly what you're looking for though as it just seems to
>> affect whether or not the "Technical Details" and "I Understand the
>> Risks" sections are initially expanded on the same error page.
>>
>> Thanks for the question anyway - I've always been irritated at having to
>> expand those sections every time to see what the problem is, and hadn't
>> thought of looking for an option to show the details by default!
>>
>> Mark.
>>

> Unfortunatly that is not it, but thanks for the suggestion. I know the
> issue is in the profile as I can use a clean 'test' profile and get the
> alternate default "This Connection is Untrusted". I don't want to
> rebuild the profile as I use it across multiple Windows and Linux
> machines... so I'll keep hunting and will post back if/when I find it.
>
> Gary

Found it:
("browser.xul.error_pages.enabled", false);
reset to true and I now get the "This Connection is Untrusted".
Created a Prefbar button to turn on/off at will.

{
  "prefbar:info": {
    "formatversion": 3
  },
  "prefbar:menu:enabled": {
    "items": [
      "prefbar:button:Checkbox"
    ]
  },
  "prefbar:button:Checkbox": {
    "type": "check",
    "label": "CertXUL",
    "prefstring": "browser.xul.error_pages.enabled",
    "topref": "value",
    "frompref": "value"
  }
}