Roger Fink wrote:
It's the theme. Everything is normal with the SM default theme, but I've
used Mostly Crystal (with the normal modifications to get it to install)
ever since it first came out and that was a long time ago (one of the
installation files is dated 6/9/07). So I'll need to deal with it.

The bookmarks sidebar left-side userChrome doesn't seem like part of the
problem because I disabled those lines and the behavior was the same.

I found the same behavior in my primary profile. I noticed that while the Close button was missing, there was still a placeholder for it.

Initially, I had guessed that the UI had been changed, as Firefox doesn't have that button. However, I found that when I was looking at a different profile (less extensions and preference tweaks) that the button is still there in 2.38.

On further examination, I found that I was running Firefox 3 Theme for Seamonkey, and when I switched to the Default theme, the button appears, where I expect it to be.

Smith