Dear Experts

Yesterday my pc (W7/64pro;Seamonkey 2.38) suddenly froze. Pressing the reset
button has brought it back to life, but now there is another problem: Though my
main news-provider is shown in the mail&news account pane (on the left of the
screen), all my subscribed newsgroups are missing :-(!

On the other hand, all of them can be found in the folder *\mozilla\seamonkey\
profiles\$profile\news\$news-provider\, and all the respective files are not
empty.

What can I do to convince Seamonkey not only to show the news-provider's name
but also all subscribed newsproups?

Any help is really appreciated.

TIA, best regards

ich