Mason83 wrote:
On 23/10/2015 03:42, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

Probably a server issue; when I got the blank screen I did CTRL-U to
view the source code and that was blank, too. After a reload all was well.

When that happened to me a few weeks ago, I used wget to grab
the webpage, and the server was timing out. Couldn't Mozilla
report an error instead of just displaying a blank page?!
It's rather confusing.

Agreed.

But it depends what the server is sending. If it really sends nothing or doesn't respond, a software routine could detect that; you'd probably get a 404 error or something. But if it sends something that you and I perceive as blank that isn't quite blank -- say, a single space character -- the software would not be able to analyze and evaluate that as "not interesting enough."

Paul B. Gallagher