DoctorBill wrote:
EE wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
DoctorBill wrote on 11/28/2015 12:24 PM:
I read in several places that Flash Player is
dangerous as it can allow
Viruses and Trojans
into your system.
I went to Mozilla.org then this;
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-flash-player/

Is this safe to use on SM 2.33.1 ?  Using XP.
Please eschew comments on XP !

Why do all these say they are for YouTube ?
Do they work only on YouTube and nothing else ?

Danke, danke.

DB

That is not Flash Player.  It's an extension
specifically designed to
force You Tube to deliver videos using Flash
rather than HTML5.

If you need the Flash Player/plugin go
download/install it from:

<https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/>

Remember to UNcheck the McAfee Optional offer.

A better place to get the Flash player is here:
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

There is no extra crap dumped on you from that
page.

As someone who knows about these things, would YOU
recommend that Mozilla Flash Extension over using
the (now resident?) HTML5 player.

Sometimes (not always) YouTube Videos (especially
music ones) are choppy and have pauses, etc.

Would I NOT have that with the Mozilla Extension ?

Moot point anyway.....says it is not compatible with my SM version 2.33.1. Merde !