On 11/29/15, Paul in Houston, TX <Paul@houston.texas> wrote:
> Lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 11/28/15, Paul in Houston, TX <Paul@houston.texas> wrote:
   <.. snip bits about flash ..>
>> +1 for turning javascript off.  But way too many sites don't work if
>> JS is turned off.  It's kind of a pain getting the permissions set
>> right, but using noscript & request policy continued is the best
>> mitigation I've found for enabling JS.
>>
>> Anyone have other suggestions for staying (relatively) safe with JS
>> enabled?
>
> I use both Quick JS toggle and Yes Script for blacklisting.

Thanks for the info.  Blacklisting is what A/V programs do & they
leave much to be desired -- an opinion the Yse Script author shares:
"Unlike NoScript, YesScript does absolutely nothing to improve your
security. "   We differ on "... Firefox is secure enough by default
and that blocking all scripts by default is paranoia. "    Maybe he
hasn't read things like
  https://blog.avast.com/2015/08/20/infected-ad-networks-hit-popular-websites/
    This week security researchers discovered booby-trapped
advertisements on popular
    websites including eBay, The Drudge Report, weather.com, and AOL.
The ads, some of
    which can be initiated by a drive-by attack without the user’s
knowledge or even any
    action, infected computers with adware or locked them down with ransomware.

> Did not like No Script.

I hear ya - but the alternatives if you do enable JS aren't all that great.

Regards,
Lee