Lee wrote:
On 12/9/15, EE <nu...@bees.wax> wrote:
Lee wrote:
On 12/8/15, WaltS48 <thalion...@evomeraim.com> wrote:
On 12/08/2015 02:07 PM, EE wrote:
Is there any up-to-date site that lists all the chrome URLs for
SeaMonkey? The only ones I could find are hopelessly out of date. There
are a few that must be different now, since the old ones are broken. I
have been searching, but I cannot find any updated chrome URL list.

Trying to use DOM Inspector did not get me anywhere either.  I tried
opening the Data Manager in a tab, then looking at it from File >
Inspect Chrome Document, and all I got was
"chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul".  Not helpful for trying to
find the interfaces for specific data handling.

Here is one I found scanning old posts using Quick Filter in
Thunderbird.

<chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul>

You might be able to figure out the rest from there. I'll try to find
the other one I saw and post it, if I find it.

If you're up for some trial & error, unpack omni.ja, search for .xul
files and try them out.

For example, I'm on Windows, so I used 7Zip to unpack
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey\omni.ja
into c:\temp\sm.   Open a dos window and
    cd \temp\sm
    dir *.xul /s
and a couple of minutes playing around got me these:

   C:\temp\SM\chrome\comm\content\navigator\pageinfo
chrome://navigator/content/pageinfo/pageInfo.xul

   C:\temp\SM\chrome\comm\content\editor
chrome://editor/content/pref-editing.xul

   C:\temp\SM\chrome\comm\content\communicator\permissions
chrome://communicator/content/permissions/permissionsManager.xul
chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul

   C:\temp\SM\chrome\comm\content\communicator\history
chrome://communicator/content/history/placesOverlay.xul
chrome://communicator/content/history/history-panel.xul

   C:\temp\SM\chrome\comm\content\communicator\downloads
chrome://communicator/content/downloads/downloadmanager.xul

   C:\temp\SM\chrome\comm\content\communicator\bookmarks
chrome://communicator/content/bookmarks/bookmarksManager.xul
chrome://communicator/content/bookmarks/bm-panel.xul

   C:\temp\SM\chrome\comm\content\communicator
chrome://communicator/content/passwordManager.xul

Regards,
Lee

Like you, I noticed that the pathnames are not the same.  It looks as if
you remove the subdirectory after "chrome" and reverse the order of the
next two.  For example, with the cookie viewer:
chrome/comm/content/communicator/permissions/cookieViewer.xul
will become:
chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul

yes.. it is a bit strange that the chrome: url doesn't match the path in omni.ja

What controls the permission to install add-ons?  I could not find any
reference to that.

search for xpinstall in about:config

set xpinstall.enabled to false and you get a popup offering to enable
it when you try to install something.

Although I have xpinstall.whitelist.add set to null and
xpinstall.whitelist.required set to true; both show as bold type in
about:config so I'm probably not getting the default behavior.

Regards,
Lee

That is not quite what I mean. When I was using Firefox, I had an interface that showed me what sites were permitted to install add-ons and I could set that permission myself there. I was looking for the same sort of thing for SeaMonkey. The link in Preferences > Advanced > Software Installation > Allowed Web Sites just leads to the Data Manager window, and is not helpful. Having to search through 100 odd hostnames to find one permission is a nuisance.