On 12/10/2015 3:09 AM, Tom Pamin wrote:
> Lately videos like this won't play on Facebook. I've updated to the
> latest Flash Player. The videos do play on IE. How do I fix this?
>
> https://www.facebook.com/tiphero/videos/vb.225525523760/10154390674843761/?type=2&theater
>
> https://www.facebook.com/207215726067454/videos/vb.207215726067454/798947573560930/?type=2&theater

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.39

With HTML5 Media disabled, the first link played with Flash 20.0 r0(235)
(20.0.0 .235).  Since I have Flashblock 1.3.21 enabled, I had to
manually start the video by selecting the image.  I suspect that Flash
was not involved since the Flashbock icons ("f" or a right-pointing
triangle) never appeared, and the pull-down context menu from a right
click over the playing video did not show an entry for "About Adobe
Flash Player".

With HTML5 media enabled, the first link played immediately upon the
launch of the SeaMonkey window.

The second link failed with the following message, both with and without
HTML5 Media enabled:
> Sorry, this content isn't available right now
> The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an
> audience you're not in.

David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.