On 2015-12-20 2:56 AM, Paul Gheno wrote:
Hello Dear seamonkey support reader,

I've downloaded seamonkey for a while now, using it everyday.
One of the big issue I encounter is the UI itself.

-Top menu buttons are not efficient, not really intuitive
-tabs cannot be closed in a simple way
-seamonkey "modules" like IRC Chat, Email, etc ... are hidden. This
features should appear in a usefull and easy way

The last but not the least :
The interface looks pretty "old".

What do U think about ?

I'm Paul, French, 31 years old.
I work for a Internet acces provider in a network deployment team.
I'm used to draw UI for web using photoshop or InDesign.
I'm not a professional, this is not my main job, but I have many ideas.

I would like to share with you. Drawing something usefull, help
implementing/testing.

My question is : how to ?

It looks old because the design was grandfathered from Netscape Communicator 4. Mozilla began as a project to replace Netscape[1]. That became what's known as the Mozilla Application Suite[2]. Firefox and Thunderbird were created afterwords, and when Mozilla decided to focus development on those standalone products, they discontinued support for the Application Suite. SeaMonkey began as a project to maintain the code for the Application Suite, with a different name. There was a theme refresh in 2009 (I think), but the layout is the same.

[1]<http://www.cnet.com/news/netscape-sets-source-code-free/>
[2]<http://www-archive.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/>

To get involved with SeaMonkey development, I assume it's probably best to start at <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/dev/>.

--