Daniel wrote on 12/25/2015 11:56 PM:
On 26/12/2015 5:27 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/25/2015 9:56 AM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/25/2015 9:00 AM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
I used to be able to change font size in a NG with Ctrl - or Ctrl
+. Now only
View and Zoom will work to change size??

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 (x64)

Ctrl+ and Ctrl- work for me in both SeaMonkey and Thunderbird.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101
    SeaMonkey/2.39
PrefBar extension

Ctrl+ and Ctrl- both work for me.  However, I usually the Font+, Font-,
and Font= buttons in the PrefBar extension.  The Font= button is NOT
inherent in PrefBar; it can be imported from
<http://prefbar.tuxfamily.org/buttons.html#fontreset>.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101
    Thunderbird/38.5.0
NoGlass theme
Toolbar Buttons extension

I used Toolbar Buttons to add Zoom In, Zoom Out, and Reset Zoom buttons
to my menu bar.

In both cases, these only require single mouse-clicks to step the zoom.

Sorry, I was confused Trying to help my daughter who is home for
Christmas).
Ctrl + and Ctrl - do work in NG's for me. Win 7 64 bit SM2.39.

The problem was with email. Only View and Zoom will work to change
size?? I
found that CTRL +0 will restore the fonts to normal size but Ctrl +
and Ctrl -
do nothing.

I actively use three different profiles for browsing.  I do not use
SeaMonkey for E-mail because I do not want to terminate my E-mail or
newsgroup session every time I switch browser profiles.

I just now tried Ctrl+ and Ctrl- for two E-mail messages in Thunderbird,
one HTML-formatted and one plain text.  It worked for both.

On my Win7 WOW installation of SM 2.39, I just went to my Mail account,
selected a (previously read) message and tried Ctrl + and Ctrl - and
nothing happened. Changing the View -> Zoom level did change things, but
still Ctrl + and Ctrl - did nothing.

Didn't try Ctrl 0

CTRL+, CTRL-, and CTRL0 all work for me regardless of which of the three panes has focus.

Have any of you tried this in Safe mode?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/