Danny Kile wrote:
NFN Smith wrote:
Danny Kile wrote:
AcroRd32.exe "This program is preventing Windows from Restarting or
Shutting Down. I have to go into Task Manager and end the process for
AcroRd32.exe to get the PC to resume. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
Adobe Acrobat Reader and Upgraded to the newest version still get the
problem. Anyone know how to resolve this? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

As noted elsewhere, you may want to reconsider your use of Acrobat
Reader, especially the DC edition.

Adobe's intention for the entire structure of PDF has been as an
enterprise-grade document management system. Acrobat as the composition
tool, and Reader as a way of access (and promoting Acrobat). Adobe's
vision is for people that interact frequently with PDF content,
including where PDF is far more than just a common-format document, but
extended support for things like email integration, encryption,
data-gathering forms, etc.  Thus, for a common end-user, the capacity of
the Adobe Reader is massive overkill, and a corresponding expenditure of
resources (especially memory usage, to support all the plugins needed
for the extended features).

With the release of Acrobat Reader DC, Adobe is shifting to cloud-based
emphasis, including on-demand upgrade/purchase of additional services,
as well as providing cloud-based storage.

Beyond what you've done, other options to consider:

1) Downgrade to a previous version of Reader: 11.0.10 or 10.1.4, both of
which are still supported by Adobe. Adobe may whine about the older
versions not having all the latest features, but if all you need is a
quick view of PDF content, they're more than sufficient.

2) Remove Adobe entirely, and go with an alternate PDF reader. Foxit is
one option, PDFXChange Viewer is another. Both are smaller and faster
than Adobe, and both offer the option of installing as a plug-in, where
you can access from inside Seamonkey.  I've used both, although my
personal preference is for PDFX, which feels a little faster than Foxit,
and also doesn't have nearly as much of the Win 8-style graphical
presentation.

Neither of these really address the problem that you're currently
having, but unless you're doing something that specifically requires the
capabilities of Acrobat Reader DC (or even Adobe), one of the other
readers may work better for you.

Smith

Thank every much for the reply! I will look into the options you have
listed going with older version of Adobe or one of the two alternate PDF
reader.

OK I tried older versions 11.0.10 and it has the same problems. So I uninstalled it and installed version 10.1.4 and it does not have the problem so I could go with it. However, when I open a pdf link, SM launches Adobe in a new window and checks to see what version it is. It then reports that it is an older version with Vulnerabilities, it give the option to upgrade or ignore and open. I can ignore and open however, this now causes one more mouse click. I there a way ti make SM not check the version and just open it?