mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote on 16/01/2016 23:12:
Ray_Net wrote:
mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote on 16/01/2016 13:27:
Mason83 wrote:
On 15/01/2016 23:29, Ray_Net wrote:

The last question could be: How can we modify a parameter in SM in such a way that we can modify the compression force when inserted in an html
mail ?

In about:support "Extensions", do you see these extensions?

Auto Resize Image
Auto Compress File
Auto Resize JPEG

The documentation for what you are doing is probably this:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_complex_mails_with_inline_images#Drag_.26_drop_images

From that link:
Compared to using the "Insert" menu or drag & drop method, pasting
will usually involve recoding of the image, thus may change quality
and size. Thus, the other two methods are preferred to retain the
original format of an image.

That suggests that using Insert > Image *doesn't* recode the image. So
if you want to control the compression used, perhaps the easiest way
is to use an image editor (e.g. GIMP) to save a copy of the file with
the desired compression, and use Insert > Image to include that file
as an image in the email.

GIMP or IRFANVIEW .... the same problem. I had created the file saving
as .jpg file with 100% quality.
This image on disk was added in the plain-text mail and opened with
Irfanview the copy/paste into the html mail.
In the both method SM creates mail-data from bits find on disk file on
disk and from pixels fnd in copy/paste.

When you copy/paste an image, SeaMonkey knows nothing about the file on disk and what quality it's saved with. Have you tried using Insert > Image? I haven't, but from the link Mason83 posted, it looks like that should include the file as it exists on disk. Or attach the file rather than including it in the body of the email.
Just what I said :-) In fact I had done this test to prove at someone that html mail could be smaller than plain-text mail, because in plain-text mail you cannot do a copy/paste, so there MUST be an attachment, which is bigger. This guy have declared that he hate html mails because html mails have more bytes that plain-text mail .. I just give him the opposite situation.

This is SM who do a different treatment. For the plain-text, it's only
and expand and for the html mail it's a compression followed by a
expansion.

There's no difference between plain text and HTML emails - if you attach a file to an HTML email it should be the same as attaching it to a plain text email. The difference is between attaching a file and copy/pasting an image into the email.
You cannot copy/paste into a plain-text mail ....

Gimp or Irfanview are not involved and cannot increase the length of the
picture in the html mail.

The settings used to save the file should have an effect if you attach the file rather than copy and pasting the image.

The file was saved BEFORE any action .... the attach was this disk file and the copy/paste was the pixels present on IrfanView who openend the file without any modifications. As I said, GIMP or IrfanView is not involved in the length of the two method.