A Williams wrote:
Larry S. wrote:
My wife has to replace her computer (hard drive kaput). After some
research she is interested in Bit Defender (2016 version)for the new
Windows 10 machine, but has read a couple of reports that there is a
problem using BD with SM.

Does anyone here have any insights and/or opinions about the issue?

Thank you for any and all informed views.

Larry S.

I have seen enough complaints here about Norton Antivirus deciding
Seamonkey updates are malware, but never Bit Defender.  Where has she
heard that it is a problem?
Mostly some reviews on "forum.bitdefender.com". (There were a couple of similar ones, too.) The posts were admittedly somewhat older, and referred to SM 2.23. The concern was whether that still applied today. She is looking at Bitdefender or Kaspersky, both of which are highly rated. (Depends on the reviewer/rater, of course.)

Thank you for your feedback.

Larry S.