Jonathan N. Little wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
kbr...@gmail.com wrote:

How do I fix the "Try watching this video on www.youtube.com, or
enable JavaScript if it is disabled in your browser" in Seamonkey
mail?

I DO have javascrip enabled under Preferences - Advanced - Scripts &
Plugins.

In both places in that dialog, or only for "in the Browser" at the top?

(Fair warning -- there are risks for enabling it in mail)

There was a GOOD reason JavaScript was disabled in mail client back in
the 90s in Communicator.

Agreed, hence the warning. I mentioned the option only to rule it out as the source of the problem.

But if we're talking about displaying HTML mail using the browser, the browser setting should suffice, right?

Taking a step back and reflecting on the error message, it reads like one of those CYA messages that essentially means, "it's not our fault, but if you try playing with all these settings, one of them might help."

And I'm not entirely happy with the HTML5 performance I'm getting from SeaMonkey; Flash videos seem to be much better behaved. So if the OP has a way of choosing Flash over HTML5 (assuming he has Flash installed correctly), he might get better results.

Paul B. Gallagher