DoctorBill wrote:
I have been converting and watching YouTube vids converted to flv files via
Keepvid.
(FLV-Media-Player).

I now want to save the files as mp3's, but it requires the latest JAVA plugin.
The mp3's
can be saved to DVD and played on my digital SAYO TV.

Is the new JAVA safe ?  Why is JAVA required for mp3 ?   I barely know enough
of this
stuff to use the Keepvid program.

I hope this isn't muddled up by my ignorance....

DoctorBill

You probably meant the multimedia format, MP4.  MP3 is an audio compression
format.
I have never heard of Keepvid.  I agree about getting rid of FLV though.
Instead of Keepvid why not use the widely known, safe, and popular VLC?
It can stream, convert, and play almost anything.

Safety is relative.  I have to use Java for VPN to the company HQ, otherwise
it would be banned from all my machines.  I enable it only when necessary.
If you decide to get Java, get the latest 32 bit version, 7 or 8.
The 64 bit version is buggy.  Keepvid must use Java libraries for something...
Some programmers make their programs small but require outside libraries,
like Java and .Net, defeating the purpose of "small".