Hello all,

At work I use SeaMonkey (currently 2.26.1) via IMAP to talk to a MS exchange server. I am having a pile of issues
1) Slow to download
2) Frequency time outs.
3) Unable to copy to sent folder errors (it copies but says it does not creating duplicates). 4) Ocasional time out messages where the email says it did not send but in reality it did. 5) The above issues often cause duplicate sent or draft copies or not clearing out of drafts. 6) The problem seems to be worse with large amounts of mail in the in and sent folder so I try to keep them below 500 emails and compact frequently.

I think this is an exchange problem because a previous IT person was able to sometimes fix it on his end. The current IT person's answer is to switch to Outlook.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is this a SeaMonkey issue or Exchange server issue? Will updating to the latest version help? One reason I have been hesitant to update is I keep hearing about IMAP issues after 2.26.1 and issues with Outlook after 2.26.1.

Thank you
  -H