Ken wrote on 2/23/2016 12:38 PM:
Some time ago I used a bookmark checker called CheckPlaces.  I don't
recall exactly why, but it stopped working.  Perhaps due to an upgrade
of SeaMonkey?  At any rate I thought I would mention I found AM-DeadLink
and it appears to work using the Firefox choice in picking the browser.
  Just thought I would let others know.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Browser-Tweak/AMDeadLink.shtml

Most likely because of the change from bookmarks.html to plaecs.sqlite as the place to store bookmarks. (I think I remembered that correctly!)

You can use AMDeadlink for SeaMonkey by designating the Firefox places.sqlite file. But, you do need to keep the FF and SM places.sqlite files in sync. A little tricky but doable with some forethought.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/