I use only POP. For quite some time now, maybe more than a year, many
multipart messages have been arriving that, when viewed in plain text only
mode, display no content. Prominent among them are eBay emails reporting
outbid or winning a bid. First of the sort from eBay was this past April 3.

1-Is there a way to make a "view message body as" selection apply on a folder
by folder basis?

2-Is there some pref setting available to make multipart messages with
non-empty first parts display the first part instead of displaying nothing,
without changing the "view message body as" selection?

I really really really don't like either having to go into the view message
body as menu, or view messages other than in plain text only mode. Most HTML
email is nothing but web pages distributed by SMTP instead of HTTP, almost
universally in mousetype, often littered with worthless images.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/