Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
stan pierce wrote:
I use NoScript and often get the message from applications to enable
Java. To do this, I
Temporarily Allow This Page. Is there a simpler or better was to
enable Java? Thanks. Stan.

Doesn't SM have a built in pop up to enable Java?
FF does.  I use FF and Java to connect to my employer's servers via a VPN.
Otherwise I have no use for Java except for one site that allows 3-D
rendering of
complex molecules.  Hardly anyone allows Java anymore due to the
security problems.

Tools -> Add-ons manager -> Plugins
(this is under Linux, but should be the same under Windows)
There you see the various plugins, "Ask to Activate" leads to what you (Paul) see under FF.

Noscript overrides this.