David E. Ross wrote:

On 3/15/2016 2:40 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Amanda Sheppard wrote:

When I surf websites, what will they see or rather what will my
Seamonkey 2.40 identify itself as?

As Mozilla? As Firefox? As Seamonkey?

Thanks for your answers.

In SeaMonkey, do Help | About SeaMonkey and you'll see.

No, that will only show you the version number.  The user agent string
is viewed by selecting [Help > Troubleshooting Information] from the
menu bar. Under "Application Basics", the 6th line begins "User Agent".
The value after that is how your browser identifies itself.

You're mistaken -- at least for v.2.39/Windows. Yes, Troubleshooting Information does list the user agent, but no, About SeaMonkey does, too.

When I do Help | About SeaMonkey, I get:

version 2.39

You are currently on the release update channel.
See a list of contributors to the Mozilla Project.
Read the licensing information for this product.
Read the release notes for this version.
See the build configuration used for this version.
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0 SeaMonkey/2.39
Build identifier: 20151103191810

What's that seventh line there if not a user agent string?

For comparison, here's the user agent string copy/pasted from the message to which you replied:

See any difference?

Paul B. Gallagher