Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Desiree wrote:

On 3/19/2016 10:50 PM, Edmund Wong wrote:
Hi All,

Just wish to announce that I believe the updates are working
now.

Please confirm.  I tried it locally and it looks ok.

Edmund

Nope.  Still NO internal update for 2.39 on Windows 8.0 Pro.

Here too: In response to Help | Check for Updates, my SM 2.39/Win7
machine still reports "There are no updates available. SeaMonkey will
periodically check for updates."

My SeaMonkey 2.39 on 32-bit Windows Vista reports:
"A recommended security and stability update is available, but you do not have the system permissions required to install it." (I run as a restricted user and elevate to an administrator account when needed, hence it saying I don't have permissions to install).

From user-agent strings, it looks like Desiree, Paul and Rainer are on 64-bit versions of Windows, so perhaps the problem only affects 64-bit builds.

--
Mark.