On 16/04/2016 16:33, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

> I've tried changing the Server Settings / Authentication method of
> my Gmail account (in SeaMonkey) to "OAuth2", and the first time I've
> tried to open the Inbox I've been presented with a web form (in a
> new window) to log in.  Then I've been able to use my account from
> SeaMonkey just like before, even when I've set my Google account to
> not allow "less secure apps".
>
> This appears o.k. but then I've found I'm not able to do the same
> with my company account, which is also provided by Google but using
> a dedicated domain name (the company domain).  For some reason my
> username in the OAuth2 login form is always changed to
> <username>@gmail.com, rather than using <username>@<company_domain>
> which appears to break the whole thing.  It's interesting that a
> colleague of mine using Thunderbird doesn't experience the same, and
> is now using OAuth2 for accessing his company account from withing
> Thunderbird.

The Oauth2 code is 100% shared with Thunderbird. It's also 100% written
by the Thunderbird developers, so everything should work identically. It
might be down to the settings made by the admin of your company Google
account.

Intresting tidbit: During development, Several Thunderbird developers
wanted to their Oauth2 option to be labelled "less secure Google
authentication".

Phil